Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > A little funnel helper.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mrmom

A little funnel helper.
Original Message   Feb 11, 2005 2:02 pm
Recently purchased a small Mr. Funnel. I normally load gas by just pouring it directly into the OPE tank. But since I now use the funnel, one hand has to hold  the funnel and the other, the gas can (which can be heavy when full). Fuel just about overflowed the first time I used it as I could not really see the fuel level rising. A non-issue with plastic tanks as you can see the fuel level (the blower has a steel tank). I eventually ended up cutting off the upper part of a clear plastic soda bottle and using it as a funnel helper.   Now both hands hold the gas can and I can also see the fuel level.

Works great and you just can't beat the price too!

This message was modified Feb 11, 2005 by mrmom
Replies: 12 - 21 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: A little funnel helper.
Reply #12   Feb 11, 2005 7:50 pm
Now take some rubber molding and put around the bottom of it to keep it from sliding or scratching. LOL
Emmo

Reply #13   Feb 11, 2005 7:51 pm
Marshall wrote:
Now take some rubber molding and put around the bottom of it to keep it from sliding or scratching. LOL

Hi quality aquarium tubing, or Tygon laboratory tubing slit lengthwise would work well.
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #14   Feb 11, 2005 8:59 pm

Excellent idea Mrmom!!

Nows as shoon ash I finishes dis big boddle of koke deeluted wiz rhum, I ish goings to makesh ones two.

ZZZZZZZZZZ .....

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

mrmom

Reply #15   Feb 11, 2005 9:04 pm
I was actually thinking of putting some form of rubber tubing on the bottom to make it non-slip. Will instead settle on Plasti-Dip or some form of liquid rubber. Will have to see what is in the garage.
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #16   Feb 11, 2005 10:21 pm
Thank you MrMom....!
Great idea......I have the same thing and the same problem with it.

We owe you one!

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Ben07

The more you know about something, the more you find there is to know.

Reply #17   Feb 11, 2005 10:44 pm
mrmom wrote:
I was actually thinking of putting some form of rubber tubing on the bottom to make it non-slip. Will instead settle on Plasti-Dip or some form of liquid rubber. Will have to see what is in the garage.

you could cut down the original bottom and cut a large hole in it, then if it would reasonably squeeze together in an overlap, or just split it, and then silicone glue it,  as those bottoms usually curve up and in, so less prone to scratch.   

Then get a permanent marker  , sign, date and serialize it as # 1 off the production line,  cause it will be worth  lot of money when you become a famous rich inventor.   Or is this just a proto-type for a more advanced one.  You ought to add a cup holder or something on the Deluxe model. 

Ben07

This message was modified Feb 12, 2005 by Ben07

Ariens 8524LE, Toro CCR2000, Jacobsen S-B S-blowers, Generac 10hp Gen-convt. to N.G., 5 L-boys(D's F's &Dura( 74,77,80,88,00), Antiq. 1960 AYP 20 in. mag w 3.5 Tech mower. Ryan/Ryobi gas Trim. AYP 205 gas blwr. Mac c-saw,Toro E-blwr, 2 Weed-E e. stg. trims. outboards, boats, util trail, 2 Jeeps 
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #18   Feb 12, 2005 1:54 pm
mrmom...

A great idea I'll try... if it'll fit OK...   do need a non-skid bottom since I pour from a 5-gallon container
into the utility tractor while I stand on the tractor's tire to get up high enough to the fill on the
top on the hood... have to use 2 hands on the 5-gal jug...

Thanks...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #19   Feb 14, 2005 1:39 am
Dave, you ought to try the Han-D pump from Northern Tool. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

mrmom

Reply #20   Feb 15, 2005 8:11 pm
Here's one I made from a Poland Springs water bottle for the motorcycle:

Photo's not that great but it fits in perfectly into the hole. Can definitely see the fuel level on this.

Gotta love that Honda red.

Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #21   Feb 15, 2005 9:23 pm
AJace wrote:
Dave, you ought to try the Han-D pump from Northern Tool. 

I order that las¹mVek myself.  I'm hoping it'll arrive soon to give it a test.

Richie
Replies: 12 - 21 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42