Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Hydro drive vrs Friction disk

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bus708

Hydro drive vrs Friction disk
Original Message   May 25, 2016 10:10 pm
I was wondering.Does a friction disk use more power than a hydro drive? Which drive uses less power to run, friction disk or hydro drive. Ariens shows their Hydro pro 32 towing a truck and trailer. That must put a lot of stress on the drive pump thus taking away the power to blow snow. A friction disk I'm sure will not tow a truck yet I'm sure it to looses power driving the wheels. I also believe a tracked unit uses, even more, power. The hybrid units from Honda do not have this problem because the tracks are driven by electric motors. All the engine power is directly going to the impeller and auger. That being the case do you guys think an Ariens pro track 28 will out throw a Honda HSS928AT or even an HSS1332AT? The Ariens has a bigger engine and more torque. Who is king of the Snow Ariens Hydro Protrack 28, Pro track 28 (friction disk) or the Hondas? If so why?
This message was modified May 25, 2016 by bus708
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42