Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda 2 Stage Auger Pin

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
epremack

Honda 2 Stage Auger Pin
Original Message   Mar 29, 2016 10:17 pm
After several years of using my Honda HS928, I sheared the 7x40 pin that bolts the auger to the horizontal auger shaft. It's the pin labeled #9 on this diagram: http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Snow%20Blower/0/HS928%20TAS-A/AUGER/parts.html While I have sheared the other bolt, the one labeled #13 on the above diagram, along with the separate shear bolt on the auger, I have never sheared the #9 one before. I keep a stock of replacements for the other shear bolts, but not this #9 one and was lucky that I had blown out most of my driveway before it sheared and was able to finish with just half of the auger spinning by only using that half of the blower. Is the #9 pin supposed to act as a shear pin too? Is there a "generic" equivalent to this #9 pin?
This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42