Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Craftsman lawn tractor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mason

Craftsman lawn tractor
Original Message   Feb 24, 2016 10:10 am
I have a Craftsman garden tractor with a 54 inch mower deck - model 917.28749. The engine runs fine, but it stalls whenever I engage the drive (all speeds) or engage the mower. If I release the brake quickly I can get it to lurch forward a foot or two, but it still stalls. What should I look for?
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
niper99

Re: Craftsman lawn tractor
Reply #1   Feb 25, 2016 2:58 am
does it bog down when its about to stall? or just cut out and stall quickly?... im thinking maybe a safety switch not working possibly... first thing id do is check see if ur losing spark when it dies.. u will need a inline spark tester for that.. if it is stalling quickly with no bogging then check all safety switchs..
This message was modified Feb 25, 2016 by niper99
mason

Reply #2   Feb 26, 2016 8:58 am
niper99, thanks. I'll check the safety switches if I can find them. When I disengage the brake or engage the mower blades, the stalling behavior is essentially the same as if I turned the ignition switch to off - rpm's go down and the engine dies in 2-3 seconds. It runs fine with the brake engaged and the mower blades disengaged.
niper99

Reply #3   Mar 9, 2016 3:39 am
how u make out?
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42