Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 1330SE Snow blower/thrower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
nodnosam

John Deere 1330SE Snow blower/thrower
Original Message   Feb 22, 2013 10:02 pm
I have had no problems with this blower until now.  I have a problem with the chute.  It neither rotates nor does it move up or down.  I have taken off the chute housing, loosened and then tightened up the gear box, and lubricated the gear spindle  I fear my problem is electrical.  Not only that... my headlights do not work and have not worked for a year or more.  Any ideas? 

Closest John Deere assistance is an hour away.  Not too bad - but the timing is another thing.

Go figure. Another snow storm tomorrow (third in as many weekends).  Ughhh!

Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
allthumbsdiy

Re: John Deere 1330SE Snow blower/thrower
Reply #6   Feb 10, 2016 1:16 pm
I know the original post was made some time ago but the electric chute on my JD 1330se suffered the same fate few weeks ago.

I would say 95% of the time, the fault lies with the control switch.  Due to it's non-sealed nature, the electrical contact pads inside the switch gets comprised (i.e. surface deposits, galling, etc.).

You can fix it by cleaning these contact pads or get a new switch (~$30 bucks or so).
This message was modified Feb 10, 2016 by allthumbsdiy
Snowblind

Re: John Deere 1330SE Snow blower/thrower
Reply #7   Jan 4, 2017 3:04 am
Hi My switch went bad for rotation and I went to Advanced Auto Parts and they found me a reversing DC motor switch for around 13 dollars. You will have to use washers or make a bracket for it to mount, but the harness plugs into it just fine. As far as these machines being dependable I haven't had good luck with mine at all. The motor for chute deflection quit working the second season, valve guides in motor loosened up and took the push rods out, and I lost count as to how many auger belts I have replace in the 4 years that I have owned it. This will be the last winter for it. It might make someone a good boat anchor for sure.
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42