Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Best grease for Ariens Snow Blower?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Realmacaw

Best grease for Ariens Snow Blower?
Original Message   Dec 5, 2010 10:24 am
I just bought a new 2009 Ariens 20" 2-stage snow blower, model 920007.  It is the smallest 2-stage snow blower I could find and it is now discontinued.  Its gear case comes with Ariens L2 oil.  I've read there is a new Ariens L3 synthetic gear case oil that is superior.  It says to use Ariens grease, part number 00036800.  This is Sten Mix Hi-Temp grease.  Does anyone know if this grease is synthetic?  Is this the best grease to use?  It is a black grease that looks like lithium moly grease.  It does not look or feel like waxy red high temp grease.
Replies: 18 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
6PTsocket

Re: Best grease for Ariens Snow Blower?
Reply #18   Jan 27, 2016 4:37 pm
This is from Ariens in response to my question on this subject: Hi , Thank you for contacting the Ariens Company. Any lithium grease that resists water is good to use. Sorry the oil can is a little mis-leading, This is a carry over from older units. In these areas, you can use the same grease. On the hex shaft, use a very small film so it does not build up and get onto the drive plate or drive disc. The oil can symbol he is referring to is on the lube chart in my owners manual , along with the grease gun symbol. I have a 2011 Deluxe 30. The grease I told him I intended to use is Valvoline 615, General purpose lithium grease for GM, Chrysler,European and Japanese cars resists water wash out,NGLI 2, extreme pressure, -10 to 380 degrees. That is a lot lower temp than the Stens stuff which is more relevant that the higher top end for the Stens grease. It is not going into high pressure, high speed bearings so high temp limit means much less than how cold it can work. It is a regular 14.1 oz grease sleeve carried by all the big auto chains for around $4.59.
Replies: 18 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42