Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Looking at a new Snowblower need help deciding: Ariens vs Simplicity/Snapper

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
btw574

Looking at a new Snowblower need help deciding: Ariens vs Simplicity/Snapper
Original Message   Dec 10, 2009 11:58 pm
Well I am set on buying a new snow blower but I am trying to figure out which one.. I am looking at the new  Ariens Deluxe 27 and last years 27LE. Both are priced the same at the dealer $999

I am also looking at a 08/09  Snapper 1428 or a 08/09 Simplicity 1428 either one $999 as the dealers are willing to match the price of the Ariens. I ruled out the 09/10 machines from them as I am not sure of the motors for the chute rotation. Both these machines have the 305cc Snow MAx engines. I do like having the remote control for pitch  on the machine compared to Ariens not having it, it seems like a mistake by Ariens not to include it on their machines as it seems like a long reach to me to change it on the Ariens

The 08/09 27LE has the Briggs Snow Max 305cc while the 09/10 Deluxe 27" has the Briggs Snow series 250cc motor. Are there any differances between the Snow Max and Snow series engines other than the obvious of one being bigger. Are there any new design improvements to the 09/10 machine over last years model that would make me want to get the 09/10 model.

The Snapper/ Simplicity have cast iron gear boxes while Ariens has an Aluminum gear box. What are the internal differances between the insides of the units.

When you look at the units side by side on the floor its hard to tell any differances in design as far as engineering goes and most salespeople have no clue

What are the strenghts and weakness of these machines.

This message was modified Dec 11, 2009 by btw574
Replies: 23 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Targos

Re: Looking at a new Snowblower need help deciding: Ariens vs Simplicity/Snapper
Reply #23   Mar 8, 2015 9:57 pm
I purchased the Simplicity 1428 with cast iron gearbox, it has treated me well these past five years. No issues to mention only regular maintenance. They can handle all conditions for sure. It does blow snow really well and is build with a heavy gauge of steel. I have no regrets with the purchase whatsoever :)
Replies: 23 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42