Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS621 won't start

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
blumonster

Honda HS621 won't start
Original Message   Feb 5, 2015 3:10 pm
Last week I started it with the choke closed (up) and started clearing snow. Within a minute it sputtered and died. I have not been able to start it since then. Even during winter I add stabil to gas. The gas in the tank is full, but it might be a few months old. I will get a new spark plug and see if it helps. What do you think is going on with it? Any suggestions?
Replies: 4 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
blumonster

Re: Honda HS621 won't start
Reply #4   Feb 6, 2015 11:48 am
My hands are not large but I can't possibly reach into there holding the spark plug, I used Honda's spark plug socket without the wrench/metal piece first.
solara

Reply #5   Feb 7, 2015 5:43 pm
if old one went in, then the new plug could be off. return it and buy another one or another brand. doubt u stripped it if the old one could go back in. good luck

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
niper99

Reply #6   Feb 7, 2015 7:21 pm
u need to drain all ur fuel out.. and get fresh fuel.. do NOT use old... if fuel sits for more than month it can go stale... if old plug was wet/oily when u pulled it out u need to replace it.. it will not start with that fouled off plug.. Honda I find are more prone to not starting with older fuel, I think its because they use a little less compression on start up then other brands hence there easy to pull over..
niper99

Reply #7   Feb 7, 2015 7:25 pm
also if u got some 3/8 hose u can slide it on the end of the plug that should help u geter started...
Replies: 4 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42