Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > " V " Belt Clarification

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

" V " Belt Clarification
Original Message   Dec 16, 2014 5:50 pm
I'm in the market for replacement belts for my ARIENS model #932141. After nine seasons I think it's time. So here is my dilemma. Not sure what's the difference between raw edge laminated (REL), KEVLAR and raw edge laminated KEVLAR. I've heard about this magic kevlar but I don't think the oem belt is of the blue kevlar stuff. My belt #s are 07200021 and 07210700. Many belts available but then again, which one, Thanks.

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Santaclause

Re: " V " Belt Clarification
Reply #1   Jan 5, 2015 6:50 am
Myself I would just use the OEM belts I have always found they just seem to work better I have gone to napa and KAMAN to match up belts before and have gotten lucky and also had belt issues so I like to stick to OEM I have a cub cadet and a MTD lawn tractor and the MTD belts are pretty tuff and seem to hold up well so I just go to mtd distributor we have locally they stock everything and go with it!!!
trouts2

Re: " V " Belt Clarification
Reply #2   Jan 5, 2015 10:44 am

Raw edge is a design for more side grip.  Ariens does not specify anything special in either belt so not needed.   Just say you were experiencing slip you would look for an issue unrelated to needing a raw edge belt.  If you get a raw edge to correct slip you’d be correcting the wrong way.

Kevlar is just a better fabric, stronger cords and backing 

A regular belt would be fine (you got a bunch of years of regular belts).   A straight Kevlar belt would also be fine.   I read that raw edge belts tend to send out more of the black fluff than regular belts which is not good in the tractor area where there's grease and oil for it to stick to.

If ordering online go with a site that gives the right Ariens dimensions although you can’t always count on that.  Most replacements for 37.88 will be 38 and 34.50 a 35 so not really OEM. 

If going to an auto place you get an outdoor power equipment belt not an auto belt.   A hardware place will usually only have OPE belts and most Kevlar (blue or green).   You can adjust the tensioners for and differences.

For a no issue replacement get Ariens belts.

07219100 1 V Belt 4L-Section 37.88 x .56

07210700 1 V-Belt 3L-Section 34.50 x .406

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42