Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > *#@%# ING GAS CAN SPOUTS ! What Can We Do ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
New_Yorker

Preach the Gospel always, use words when necessary

*#@%# ING GAS CAN SPOUTS ! What Can We Do ?
Original Message   Nov 29, 2010 9:37 am
OK, the new improved Government mandated no spill venting spouts on all the new gas cans are useless, so where do we go now ?   We need spouts that put the gasoline in the gas tank and don't spill it all over you, the ground, the lawn mower-snow blower- leaf blower-chainsaw-tiller-lawn tractor etc., etc. the way these useless, impossible to use new government 8#@%#ING POS spouts do.  The Gas can needs a cap to seal them properly, and a flexible spout long enough to get into the car if needed, and I don't care about the venting because the VOC emissions from all the spilled gas is about 100 times worse than the old usable gas cans of yesteryear. Can we buy them in Canada ?  Mexico ?  Someplace that isn't run by idiots ?  Ideas ? ? ?
Replies: 27 - 27 of 27Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Loblolly77

Re: *#@%# ING GAS CAN SPOUTS ! What Can We Do ?
Reply #27   Nov 19, 2014 10:01 am
Another vote for NO-SPILL brand if you want a poly can.

(I have the earlier versions without the wings on the caps)

For a metal safety can with all the certs. I really like the Eagle type I safety can in 5 gal size (with the yellow pour funnel). I get mine at TSC. When they are empty, I pour a few ounces of Stabil 360 to keep the interior rust free, but that may not be really needed.

http://eagle-mfg.com/product/Type-I-Safety-Can-5-Gal-Red-with-F-15-Funnel-.aspx

This message was modified Nov 19, 2014 by Loblolly77
Replies: 27 - 27 of 27Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42