Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 'Dynamark' 8hp blower opinion?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Geno

51- love God 1st, then OPE

'Dynamark' 8hp blower opinion?
Original Message   Dec 29, 2004 9:02 pm
hello- I just got a 8hp Dynamark snowblower given to me. very good cosmetically. but,.they said it would barely throw snow. after I unloaded it I give it a quick diagnose and here's what I'm thinking. the gear box must be slipping or is bad. the shaft for the secondary auger turns 1/4 or more around before big auger in front even moves. no snow to try but assuming gears are slipping under load. this make sense? second question: does dynamark have a good enough reputation to warrant getting new gears/or whole assembly, or should I take the good motor off and put it on my very early Arians blower as it has a vintage 7 hp? opinions please
Replies: 7 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
friiy

Re: 'Dynamark' 8hp blower opinion?
Reply #7   Nov 18, 2014 11:05 pm
Ahh.... You know this is a 10 year old post. The machine and the original poster is long dead.
voiceofreason

Reply #8   Nov 29, 2014 6:11 am
the age of the post means nothing. you guys are brainwashed into buying new stuff at the big box store, made in China, and it's junk. if a bar of gold was tarnished with some dirt on it, no doubt you'd throw that away too... wake up out of the coma you're in
carlb

Reply #9   Nov 29, 2014 7:55 am
voiceofreason wrote:
the age of the post means nothing. you guys are brainwashed into buying new stuff at the big box store, made in China, and it's junk. if a bar of gold was tarnished with some dirt on it, no doubt you'd throw that away too... wake up out of the coma you're in

I don't know how long you have been reading this board but most members here will always advocate fixing up old iron as opposed to buying new when possible.  Some machines are just too far gone to warrant spending a lot of money to repair especially when parts for a particular machine are hard to get. 

My personal machine is a fully restored 1983 26" large frame cub cadet that i purchased with a blown 8hp Tec engine but the rest of the machine was in great shape. It now has a modern 11hp OHV engine on it and I couldn't be happier with the performance, ease of starting and reliability.

No one here is Brainwashed.  I suggest you read more of the post on this board before passing judgement on the members!
snowmachine

Reply #10   Nov 30, 2014 10:30 pm
AAAAA
This message was modified Aug 11, 2022 by snowmachine
Replies: 7 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42