Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Briggs / Vanguard problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Briggs / Vanguard problem
Original Message   Nov 8, 2010 7:07 pm
I have a Briggs and Sratton Vanguard 11 hp Merry leaf blower made by Mackissic. Specs are: Model #235432, Type #0540E1, Code #98062549. Great machine but one problem. First start of the day it starts up easy with 2 pulls of the rope. If I shut her off or she runs out of gas and restart right away it’s very difficult to pull the starter rope. I feel as if the motor is holding back and have a counter pull from the motor. When that happens I need to hold the blower down while I pull start otherwise the machine comes along. If I let it sit a bit its a lot less of a problem. I’m thinking the problem lies in the area of a wrong valve clearance. Can someone on the GREAT forum lead me in the right direction and tell me what the clearance should be at and how to set it.

Replies: 8 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Re: Briggs / Vanguard problem
Reply #8   Oct 31, 2014 2:24 pm
My mistake. Just realized that the tapered end is the flywheel end so now it will be easier to match something up. looking at HF and NT. will find something to make it work. Thanks to all, Allan

Replies: 8 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42