Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How to clean/service Carburetor Ariens 20001027 which supercedes to 20001368

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
grump

How to clean/service Carburetor Ariens 20001027 which supercedes to 20001368
Original Message   Oct 16, 2014 5:46 pm
Title asks it all, want to clean one out and might need to replace some gasket etc.

Are there instructions for servicing this model?   Looked and didn't find a thing about it.  Help really appreciated.

This is on an Ariens 920013, according to the manual that's the right part number and online I see it's been superceded. 
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
carlb

Re: How to clean/service Carburetor Ariens 20001027 which supercedes to 20001368
Reply #1   Oct 18, 2014 7:52 am
What engine is on it?
trouts2

Re: How to clean/service Carburetor Ariens 20001027 which supercedes to 20001368
Reply #2   Oct 18, 2014 8:13 am

The Arians drawings list a Subaru Robin SX-17 but the numbers he listed go back to an Lct.

Both part numbers listed are bowl and float types with needle, jet & etc.   Nothing special above a regular cleaning you’d give any similar carb, disassemble, spray ports, jet holes with carb spray, prod ports gently with a stripped tie wrap and at least for me, tank overnight in a gallon of carb cleaner.

grump

Reply #3   Oct 19, 2014 8:06 am
Well, have done an older model Tecumseh a few times over many years as the tiniest of all holes in what I think is called the main jet (part of the adjustable screw assembly that held on the bowl) was clogged a bit.

This LCT mounted model is lacking that adjustable screw and I don't want to overlook something seemingly so small yet so important.  Does this model have something similar?

That's why I was looking for a specific guide, so nothing small is overlooked. 

Although I let it run itself dry before storage last fall, it would only start with full choke and stumbled as I reduced the choke and would not run with the choke off.  So I removed the bowl, sprayed into the carb with a cleaner can tube attached to the can where ever I could and now it's running as it should.  A guide or well done video would really be helpful as I don't know if anything was overlooked.

Thanks!
This message was modified Oct 19, 2014 by grump
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42