Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Cable Loose

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
blumonster

Cable Loose
Original Message   May 22, 2014 10:38 pm
I was cutting the grass with my old Honda mower, I had to stop for a minute or two because the grass was too tall in that area and realized the cable for the roto stopper(?) got loose all of a sudden. I do not know how and where to attach it now. The lever is moving freely, no resistance and the end of the cable is not connected. How and where do I connect it?
Replies: 7 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
blumonster

Re: Cable Loose
Reply #7   Jun 17, 2014 1:25 pm
Am I missing pieces? Here is what I see: The part where the cable is connected to the blade looks intact, I see that the cable is connected there.
This message was modified Jun 17, 2014 by blumonster
robertcoats

Re: Cable Loose
Reply #8   Jun 18, 2014 9:21 am
Yes, the Roto-Stop cable end (inside red circle) should be connected to the Roto-Stop lever (yellow circle):

The parts used to connect these together appear to be missing. The cable itself appears to be stretched and maybe damaged (replacement may be required) Suggest you get a shop manual if you want to DIY the repairs (Honda sells them on eBay and Amazon) or use this link to find a Honda dealer near you that can do the work:

- - -
Robert@Honda
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.
This message was modified Sep 30, 2014 by a moderator
Replies: 7 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42