Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > mower will not run

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
sollie

mower will not run
Original Message   May 24, 2014 3:29 pm
i have a ys 4500 series craftsman lawn tractor.the mower will run as long as clutch/brake is engaged. when i try to release the clutch/brake the motor dies. is there a "deamans" switch or something else that im missing that is causing the motor to conk out?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Shryp

Re: mower will not run
Reply #1   May 24, 2014 11:50 pm
I believe most ride on mowers have a safety switch under the seat that requires the weight of someone holding the seat down. That could be where your problem is.
trouts2

Re: mower will not run
Reply #2   May 25, 2014 8:13 am
   There are a couple of clutch related interlocks.

The YS 4500 is a series of 5 mowers in 2007-2008.  There should be a plastic or metal tag with the AYP factory number somewhere on the frame of your machine.  It will be 917.xxxxxx.

The AYP numbers are here:

http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/tractor-brands/craftsman/craftsman-lawn-tractors-drive-sorted.html

An electrical and schematic are here:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/CRAFTSMAN-Parts/Riding-mower-tractor-Parts/Model-917288210/0247/1509200?searchedModel=91728821&blt=

From the schematic you can get an idea of what might be wrong and then find the interlocks from the electrical diagram.
This message was modified May 26, 2014 by a moderator
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42