Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Old tire leaking at rim

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
grump

Old tire leaking at rim
Original Message   May 17, 2014 3:21 pm
Got an old SB tire that leaks slowly at the rim.    I really don't want to go through the work of replacing the tire and have no assurance a new one will bond any better to the old rim.

Is there a good goop to help seal it? 
Replies: 5 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
phoenix

I never met an Ariens I didn't like

Re: Old tire leaking at rim
Reply #5   May 20, 2014 11:06 pm
Just add a tube. I had a leaker that looked good from the outside, as soon I broke the bead, I saw crusty rust in the sealing area. The tube is the best option. My tube was less expensive than a can fix your flat. I have a small set of smooth tire spoons for mounting and demounting lawn and garden tires, so I don't poke a hole in the tube. Mark
grump

Reply #6   May 25, 2014 8:00 am
Challenge not to damage the tube assembling it, but it works!

What should the pressure be with a tube, same as without?

Thx.
This message was modified May 25, 2014 by grump
Shryp

Reply #7   May 25, 2014 9:41 am
Yes, pressure should be the same. Though, with a tube you can run a little less pressure and not have to worry about the bead seal popping off when you turn. That might give you better traction. Just be sure to keep the pressure in both tires even so the machine will go straight.
grump

Reply #8   Jun 14, 2014 6:54 pm
Success, holding air.  Thanks
Replies: 5 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42