Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > cub cadet 2186 series 2000 lawn mower upgrades

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mkd55

cub cadet 2186 series 2000 lawn mower upgrades
Original Message   May 14, 2014 10:37 am
have owned my 2186 for 12 yrs and finally got around to fixing a few things i didn't like. the first one was to replace the mickey mouse oil drain valve with a drainzit oil line. the second thing i did was to fix the loose hydro dip stick on the back of the transaxle. this is the second one i've had after the original was too loose from the git go and was replaced under warranty. to fix the dip stick for good i bought 2 each o rings that measured 1/2" i.d. by 11/16 o.d. by 3/32" thick. the first o ring was slid on the dip stick so that it fit tight to the top shoulder of the dipstick. the second o ring was then fitted to the next step down also tight to the shoulder. with both o rings in place the dipstick would not go into the hole in the trans axle because when in place the o ring diameters were both too large. i removed both o rings and used a round hack saw blade (that has a course grit bonded to it for sawing ceramic tile and glass) to carefully file a groove all the way around the plug next to the inside edge of the farthest step in the plug. it was a file and fit process till the o ring was far enough in the groove for the dipstick to be inserted into the transaxle. when the top o ring was fitted i moved down one step on the plug and filed a second groove for the other o ring. when i was done the o rings stay in the grooves i made and have enough friction to keep the plug firmly in place. a new dipstick was about $13.00 on line plus shipping and i fixed the loose transaxle plug for about $1.25 and an hour of my time.
This message was modified May 16, 2014 by mkd55
This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42