Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HR214SX

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
blumonster

Honda HR214SX
Original Message   Aug 13, 2013 7:38 am
Hello, I have this Honda lawnmower. When I engage the lever to move the blade sometimes the engine stalls. Am I doing something wrong or do I have a problem? Is adjusting the height low causing this?
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Shryp

Re: Honda HR214SX
Reply #3   May 11, 2014 10:20 am
Robert is right about the grass might be too high and you should engage the blades before you get to the grass. However, you might cause less belt / clutch wear if you engage the blades with a lower throttle setting and then throttle up once the blades are spinning.
blumonster

Re: Honda HR214SX
Reply #4   May 11, 2014 9:11 pm
I started the lawnmower for the first time this year. Adjusted the height, no more stalling. But the throttle/choke handle did not want to move at all. Took me 10 minutes to finally move it. I have the manual also, did not remember anything I needed to do before moving it. Must have stuck somehow. Old machine but works, best of all it has an aluminum deck.
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42