Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Augur severely bent- on Ariens 8526 -can it be unbent?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Raygg

Augur severely bent- on Ariens 8526 -can it be unbent?
Original Message   Feb 19, 2014 12:21 pm
The copper grounding rod for my home elec system sticks up about 3inches above ground next to my side-yard walk. I caught my augur on it severely bending the augur on only one side of the differential 4 or 5 inches outside its normal dimension just as i finished clearing our most recent 8" snow cover. Its connectionn to the differential on one side and to the augur box bushing seem unaffected by this bending event. It seems to rotates ok w/o banging anything but probably will be less efficient clearing snow next storm. If I remove it from the augur box can I perhaps get it back somewhat close to its original shape by putting a propane torch to it and hitting it with a 5lb hammer? Or is there another way? Is it difficult to remove just one side of the augur blade?
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42