Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 8526 goes back when put in fwd speed selection

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Raygg

Ariens 8526 goes back when put in fwd speed selection
Original Message   Feb 16, 2014 9:29 pm
Here in MA clearing snow from my driveway I noticed the bottom end of my speed selector shaft (or rod or connector- not sure what to call it) danglingling on the ground instead of being attached to a rod coming out of the rear plate. I know little about how snoblowers work so i took it back to my garage and discovered the bottom end of the speed selector can be reconnected to the steel rod coming out of the housing with a cotter pin. So I inserted the first cpin I found and continued on with my snoblowing. But then I discovered that my fwd speeds put me in reverse and my rev speeds ran me fwd. 1. How do I adjust this so I everything is back to normal and my fwd speeds go fwd and rev speeds go backwds? 2. when adjusting that wearbar under the leading edge of the augurbox should it be even with the augurbox or stick out beyond the abox- and if so how far? 1/4,1/2 inch? I just discovered this website and it looks great.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Shryp

Re: Ariens 8526 goes back when put in fwd speed selection
Reply #1   Feb 16, 2014 9:38 pm
Can the rod be put on the opposite side of the attachment point you connected it to?
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42