Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > mtd electric snow blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
doozey51

mtd electric snow blower
Original Message   Jan 16, 2014 8:27 pm
I plug my blower in and hit the button and it grinds. Worked fine earlier. I did get it to start by the pull rope. I really want to use the electric start. Is it toast? Or essily fixed. Not too good mechanically but I can try if given instructions.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Shryp

Re: mtd electric snow blower
Reply #1   Jan 16, 2014 9:25 pm
Sounds like the starter is fine, however the gear that spins the engine over is shot. The gear can be replaced though fairly cheaply compared to the whole starter. You might get lucky though. Take the starter off the engine and check the gear. It could be that the starter bolts came loose or the gear is rusted, gummed up or frozen with ice. The gear spins on the shaft and slides out so if it doesn't slide all the way out it won't engage. Check youtube for videos.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42