Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 1330se chute controls

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Pro2704

John Deere 1330se chute controls
Original Message   Jan 1, 2014 6:07 pm
Hi, I've been using my new snowblower for the last month with no problems. This afternoon I went out and discovered that the chute would only rotate to the left. when I put it away after the last use (about 2 weeks ago) it was working perfectly fine, now I suddenly have this problem. Any ideas?
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Catt

Re: John Deere 1330se chute controls
Reply #1   Jan 1, 2014 6:58 pm
I'm guessing a little here, but I believe that since you have power going to the motor to turn it left that the motor and the wiring to the motor are working properly.  I'd expect the switch reverses the polarity to the motor to make it turn to the right.  So if that is the case, I'd look over the wiring at the switch, the crimped connectors on the switch and possibly the switch itself.

Good luck!
This message was modified Jan 1, 2014 by Catt
allthumbsdiy

Reply #2   Feb 11, 2016 6:39 am
I know the original post was done  a couple of years ago so my reply is for those who are having problems in 2016.

My John Deere 1330se experienced the same issue and the problem was attributed to a build up of non-conductive materials on the surfaces of electrical contact pads inside the chute switch.

The problem went away as soon as these "cruds" were removed;  I would avoid bending these rockers as suggested by some sites though.  You can Google "allthumbsdiy how-to-fix-broken-electric-chute-on-john-deere-1330se-snowblower" and read more about it in detail.
sophiaedward64

Reply #3   Jun 27, 2019 5:31 am
Well said Catt.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42