Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Primer question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
PACKO

Primer question
Original Message   Dec 19, 2013 12:59 am
I picked up a Toro Powerlite  3HP last year and i replaced the spark plug, belt, scraper and paddles.  This season its hard to start.  It has a carb with a float bowl which I removed and cleaned out along with the float needle.  Can someone tell me exactly how the primer works since it only has one hose and it goes to the carb.
How does it pump gas into the carb?  I'm not sure mine is working. 
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Shryp

Re: Primer question
Reply #1   Dec 19, 2013 6:17 am
The primers I have seen just push a shot of air into the carb. That air pressure pushes a bit of gas from the bowl out  the venturi. It basically does the same thing as spraying a squirt of gas into the choke / air intake.
mkd55

Reply #2   Dec 28, 2013 12:17 pm
pacho I just bought a new ariens with a primer and the instructions say to push and hold in for 1 second between pumps and to pump the bulb three times for a cold engine. all the years I've had primer bulbs I never did that! just three or four quick blasts and go!
This message was modified Dec 28, 2013 by mkd55
friiy

Reply #3   Dec 28, 2013 10:48 pm
It is plumbed into/ or is the bowl vent, when you push a blast of air into the bowl the air pressure forces fuel thru the main jet into the carb.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42