Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Is winter over yet?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Goldrush

The liberty of expressions sometimes are ridiculed!

Is winter over yet?
Original Message   Feb 9, 2005 11:03 am
I don't believe this in Montreal we had 8 days in a row cool temp around 40 degrees and snow almost gone, maple water is already there what's wrong? SAre we going to have coconut trees in a few years It's very sad.....

Replies: 5 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Emmo

Re: Is winter over yet?
Reply #5   Feb 9, 2005 6:50 pm
Don't count Mother Nature down just yet!!

Our biggest snowfall in2003 was Valentines week, 12 inches with lots of drifting.

There's still hope! 

(Plus I haven't got to enjoy the new AWD to my hearts content yet!)
Majorxlr8n

Reply #6   Feb 9, 2005 6:50 pm
Its averaged at least 50 degrees in Central NJ the last week or so. I've been blowing snow in the back yard over the last week also just for a few "fixes" of OPE in action. Can't wait for another dumping of "real stuff". But winter WILL be gone soon...

Marty

JohnEDavies

Reply #7   Feb 10, 2005 11:29 am
Here in the Pacific NW we are having a record dry winter. Many high areas in the Cascades like the Steven's Pass ski area (4000 ft) have essentially ZERO snowpack, which is critical because this is where the heavily populated west side cities like Seattle get their drinking water and a lot of their hydro-electric power . There are going to be a lot of brown lawns and limp plants this summer.

http://www.theolympian.com/home/news/20050206/topstories/82775.shtml

We had a couple of decent snowfalls here in Spokane but the last 4 weeks has been like Spring. I have been debating weather or not to take of the snow tires from my truck.... The snow thrower is looking kind of sad.

John
This message was modified Feb 10, 2005 by JohnEDavies
Goldrush

The liberty of expressions sometimes are ridiculed!

Reply #8   Feb 10, 2005 12:40 pm
Good news guy it is snowing now we expect 8 inches whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! ready for the pick-up

engine are warming now...................

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #9   Feb 10, 2005 7:30 pm
Is winter over yet?

NO!

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #10   Feb 10, 2005 7:56 pm
Goldrush wrote:
Good news guy it is snowing now we expect 8 inches whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! ready for the pick-up

engine are warming now...................

No fair!!! I'm just east of you and the system passed through earlier and left about 2 inches. Too little to use the snowblower on.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

donkeyp

Home of beautiful Roscoe Conkling Park

Reply #11   Feb 21, 2005 12:54 pm
I don't think so.........................we had a couple inches  here down east and we expect a couple more..............I remember 4 or 5 years ago we had 30 cm in the end of April..........

You'll never know what comes...............

ryegge

Reply #12   Feb 21, 2005 2:05 pm
Sure would trade you. Last week we were below zero and yesterday we got 9 inches of snow. Winter in NE Wisconsin is always harsh and long........
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #13   Feb 21, 2005 2:06 pm
Six inches of new snow overnight in CT...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Mang

Reply #14   Feb 21, 2005 3:48 pm
It was a week winter,  I agree. The permafost is melting in parts of the world,  golbal warming?  or just a warm cycle?  I think there is still big winter's to come.
Replies: 5 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42