Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Problems with starting Toro 221Q Snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
WoodyWW

Problems with starting Toro 221Q Snowblower
Original Message   Dec 16, 2013 11:41 am
I've had the 221Q for 3 years, so only really used it for 2 full seasons so far. I always ran out the gas at winter's end, & use fresh gas/oil mix every year. Started it, or tried to, yesterday during that snowstorm in N.E., & found that the starting cord would not pull all the way. I could pull it 1/2 way out, & then there was no pulling it further. That happened about 8 or 9 times out of ten. Finally it started, & ran (a bit roughly) for about 15 min., then the engine died. Went thru the same routine trying to start it; then gave up for awhile & shoveled. Finally started it again, but it ran really rough for only a few min., then the engine died again. Then same routine again 20-30 min. later. Then, 30 min. later, when I was seriously considering shooting it with a shotgun (in reality I don't own a shotgun), I tried to start it again, & it fired right up. Ran great for as much time as it took me to finish the whole driveway! I haven't taken off the plastic shroud cover yet to check the plug; I'm ordering a new spark plug. But my biggest question is: why wouldn't the starting cord pull all the way for dozens of times? I didn't have a chance a starting it when that was happening. TIA for any feedback.
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42