Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Chute controls and handlebars

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
slinger

Chute controls and handlebars
Original Message   Dec 4, 2013 2:37 pm
Whatever happened to crank controls for chutes on SS blowers? Were they made so cheaply that they all broke prematurely? The one on my 10 year old green Craftsman 5hp 4cycle still works fine. OK, to be honest after a number of years it would tend to turn back to center on it's own when I had it cranked to either side, but it was nothing that $2 worth of Delrin plastic and a few ss screws couldn't fix. That's an issue that any manufacturer could overcome. It seems like a much simpler method than cables and plastic control levers.

Also, the handlebar on my old Craftsman had a nice pipe insulation type cushion on the handlebar that made it much easier to grip, absorbed vibration, AND was a nice alternative to grabbing cold steel when operating the unit. It REALLY made the blower a pleasure to use. It's still in perfect condition after 10 years. I think ALL SS blowers would benefit from the addition of this inexpensive improvement. I'm not a Craftsman fanboy by any means, but just wondering what happened to these beneficial features.
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42