Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens back in the game again, a new single stage snowblower.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
aa335

Ariens back in the game again, a new single stage snowblower.
Original Message   Sep 21, 2013 2:39 am
Not sure if 2 stage snowblower purchases are on the decline that tip the scale in favor of a single stage, but Ariens have returned to the SS market.  Ariens 21" Path Pro.  The design looks like a safe bet, has all the right elements.  Nothing too revolutionary but it has a hinged cover easy service.  This is the only thing that sets it apart from other SS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ7zSo2cGBk
Replies: 20 - 24 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
slinger

Re: Ariens back in the game again, a new single stage snowblower.
Reply #20   Dec 4, 2013 2:16 pm
I must admit in the You Tube Ariens Path Pro video, the snow didn't seem to be getting thrown very far (for a 208cc engine). You know they would have used optimal snow conditions to make this video. Perhaps the deflector's adjustment was restricting it somewhat...can't tell for sure. One would assume that with a larger 208cc engine you would either increase the rpm a bit to get better throw, or keep the rpm the same as competitive units and give it more torque to chew through EOD piles a bit better. The report states that it did neither of these. I question Consumer's credibility sometimes myself as I am an avid audiophile, and when I read their list of recommended audio components I often LMFAO!!!
This message was modified Dec 4, 2013 by slinger
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Reply #21   Dec 4, 2013 2:37 pm
slinger wrote:
LMFAO!!!

LMFAO ???????????????????????

slinger

Reply #22   Dec 4, 2013 2:39 pm
Laugh My (Freaking) (Arse) Off !
Paul7

Reply #23   Dec 6, 2013 1:32 am
I hope that it's better than their previous design. I had an Ariens 722 (7hp single stage) and if the snow was slightly wet it flopped out of the machine's chute like tooth paste. Totally unusable.
aa335

Reply #24   Dec 6, 2013 4:47 pm
Paul7 wrote:
I hope that it's better than their previous design. I had an Ariens 722 (7hp single stage) and if the snow was slightly wet it flopped out of the machine's chute like tooth paste. Totally unusable.

Pretty safe bet that this model is better.  After all, its an Ariens.   After all, its nothing new and ground breaking in the design itself, it's been proven since 2008. 

By the way, the old 722 was just pure specmanship.  7hp - 22" inch cut, while the rest of the field is sporting 20-21" with 5 hp.  There's a 7hp moment in there somewhere, at a very narrow RPM range that the snowblower in application will never see.  If you're waiting for VTEC to kick in, it's not happening.  :)  A pathetic attempt at psychological salesmanship in its best form.  The old 722 had a nice build quality though, sturdy and beefy.  Sadly, most of the Toro's of the same vintage ran circles around the 722, sporting a modest 4.5hp engines. 
This message was modified Dec 6, 2013 by aa335
Replies: 20 - 24 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42