Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Deluxe 28 Muffler Question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
oldcrow

If it ain't broke, try harder

Ariens Deluxe 28 Muffler Question
Original Message   Oct 29, 2013 11:30 am
Just picked up a new 2-stage blower -  Ariens Deluxe 28+ w/Briggs 250. Nice machine for the price. Performed flawlessly during my test runs, can't wait to try it on snow.

Only thing I'd like to change is the muffler. The engine exhaust isn't deafening, but still pretty loud for it's size. The drive and accessory mechanicals are very smooth and quiet, but it seems like Ariens (or Briggs) cheaped out on the muffler. Plenty of room for something with a bigger chamber, but I'm not having any luck finding a bolt-on upgrade. Is there an aftermarket source for B&S silencers?

I'm willing to make small sacrifices in power or fuel economy to knock down the noise a notch or two. I've got a 24 HP Briggs V-Twin in my yard tractor with a ridiculously quiet exhaust. OK, so the muffler is JUST A TAD oversized - but you get the point. Any better options out there? 'Preciate it.
This message was modified Oct 30, 2013 by oldcrow
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42