Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro Personal Pace drive repair.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jimbedro

Toro Personal Pace drive repair.
Original Message   Sep 1, 2013 12:04 pm
Well Friday the Self propel mechanism began to act up on my Toro Personal pace lawnmower. (Model 20017) It wouldn't free wheel in revers on the right wheel. I pulled it a part and found the key and spring gunked up. I found the grease in the gear box all caked with dirt and useless. The spring/key on the other wheel was stuck in the slot and the wheel didn't engage with the drive mechanism. I also replaced the pulley / bladed spacer and belt because it was worn/ square to the bottom. ( you actually need to pull the gear box to replace the belt on this machine) This wasn't an easy machine to work on. It works well after putting it back together. There is one minor issue. When I engage the propulsion unit wiht the wheels on the ground I get a buzzing noise. If I lift the wheels with the propulsion engaged there is no buzzing sound. Any ideas on the cause noise
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42