Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Mantis tiller 2 stroke vrs 4 stroke

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bus708

Mantis tiller 2 stroke vrs 4 stroke
Original Message   Apr 15, 2013 7:32 pm
What are your takes on a new mantis with the echo 2 stroke Echo engine vrs a 4 stroke Honda gx25. I'm thinking of upgrading to a new unit. Mantis agrees to give me $75.00 for my old engine. I cant resist. What are your choices and why?
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
aa335

Re: Mantis tiller 2 stroke vrs 4 stroke
Reply #1   Apr 16, 2013 3:50 pm
For a tiller, I'd prefer a 4 stroke for quieter operation with lower RPM useable torque.  Also, there's already a lot of vibrations on a tiller, I would assume the GX25 engine would be smoother as well.  The additional weight of the 4 stroke engine is better for tilling.

I have an Echo bed redefiner with the 2 stroke engine, it's a 28cc engine, which I like a lot.  Lots of power, smooth engine, but I have to keep the revs up to stay in the powerband.  The screaming noise of the engine does get tiring after prolonged use.
This message was modified Apr 16, 2013 by aa335
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42