Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Just picked up a craftsman 5/22

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
carlb

Just picked up a craftsman 5/22
Original Message   Apr 13, 2013 5:02 pm
Well i was just cruising craigslist for some cheap after winter snow blowers.  I came across this Craftsman 5/22 for 20 dollars.  The owner said it would try to start but wouldn't run.  I didn't even try to start it there just pulled the cord to see if it might have had a broken rod or something similar.  

When I got it home i took the carb cover off of it and went to spray some starting fluid into the carb just to see if it would fire.  When I looked into the carb i noticed that the screw had fallen out of the choke and the choke disk was missing.  I went through some of my parts carbs and removed the disk and screw and put it on the carb.

The tank had fuel in it so i put the choke on give the primer a few squirts and gave it a pull.   It started on the second pull and runs like a top.   After a little cleanup this thing looks good. Everything works like it should the belts look good the friction disk looks good and the electric starter even works like it should.  I will wait until October / November and put it up for sale for $325 and see what I get.

Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
RedOctobyr

Re: Just picked up a craftsman 5/22
Reply #2   Apr 15, 2013 6:25 pm
Nice! Looks like it's in great shape, too.
aa335

Re: Just picked up a craftsman 5/22
Reply #3   Apr 16, 2013 4:03 pm
Nice for $20 !  I'd be lucky to get a bag of rusted parts around here.
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42