Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Mantis tiller no spark

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bus708

Mantis tiller no spark
Original Message   Apr 7, 2013 5:21 pm
My Mantis tiller has a Echo SV-4/B engine. I an not getting any spark at all. I replaced the spark plug after setting it to .018. I unplugged the kill switch. Removed the starter and cleaned the flywheel magnets. removed the coil and cleaned the coil ware the magnet from flywheel crosses. Still no spark. The gap between the flywheel and the coil is very close. It is not adjustable. If i buy a coil it is not returnable. If I take it to a shop they will not only charge me labor but $80.00 for a coil. That $80. is almost 1/3 the cost of a hole new unit, not to mention labor. Mantis said the voltage is so small that you will not see or feel a spark . That sounds like crap to me. I took out the spark plug put a screwdriver in the plug wire. and pulled the cord with the kill switch unplugged . I did not even feel a tinkle of spark. Any suggestions?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42