Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > craftsman Lawn Tracter, hydrostatic, won't move.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
racerdon

craftsman Lawn Tracter, hydrostatic, won't move.
Original Message   Apr 1, 2013 10:13 pm
Okay, I had previously posted about this tracter Sears # 917.258870, Serial # 021197c002294, with a kohler 18.5 HP twin. It runs, but does not want to move. Pushes very hard. Put the engage/disengage lever in the rear in and out without any difference. Worked the disc on the brake set-up and it turns freely. I also tried moving the shift lever as I was trying to push it, but it didn't make any difference.

I got these numbers off of the trans-axel case   150073         218-3010L       6348c1058,     also, while looking under this tracter, I see that there is a filter(looks loke a spin on) on it.

I went on the sears parts site, but those pictures don't do any justice. anyone know where I can get a REAL manual, or somewhere where I can download one.

As I said in my original post, the engine runs, and then I put the brake/clutch in and put it in either forward or reverse. when I let the pedal out it make a sort of screeching or grinding noise and doesn't show any effert  as if it wants to move.

So that is where I am at. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. At this point, I have not looked to see if there is any way to check or fill any fluid. I am thinking about taking off the seat assembly and rear fender assembly to get a better look at things.

Thanks,

Don 

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Bill_H

Re: craftsman Lawn Tracter, hydrostatic, won't move.
Reply #1   Apr 2, 2013 2:30 pm
I couldn't come up with an exact match on that model#, but this one is close. You'll have to look carefully and see if they're the same or if it's only a minor difference:
Hydro-Gear Model 210-3010l http://www.hydro-gear.com/Main/docs/service-repair-manuals/210-3010l.pdf

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Re: craftsman Lawn Tracter, hydrostatic, won't move.
Reply #2   Apr 2, 2013 10:03 pm
I would also check if there are any belt issues here. Don't know your exact machine but it's a good possibility.
This message was modified Apr 2, 2013 by hirschallan

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42