Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > What to use in a chute to prevent clogging?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Axis

What to use in a chute to prevent clogging?
Original Message   Mar 4, 2013 10:31 am
Using a circa 1968 Ariens.  The inner part of the chute, especially at the angle, is a rusty and heavily dimpled area. 

What's good to coat the inner part of the chute with so snow, especially slushy EOD snow, won't stick to and clog it.   Am I better off using a really slippery high gloss paint first, just coating the rust with silicone... what's a good prep and finish?

I've read of after market impeller kits that'll throw snow a great distance and imagine that'd help, but that's a lot to add to this old guy.

Thanks.
This message was modified Mar 4, 2013 by Axis
Replies: 7 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Bill_H

Re: What to use in a chute to prevent clogging?
Reply #7   Mar 20, 2013 8:07 pm
I used the putty, not the liquid in tubes. I would be afraid the liquid would run before it set up.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
Replies: 7 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42