Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snapper 11327 trouble

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Snapper 11327 trouble
Original Message   Feb 18, 2013 4:28 pm
My new to me winter 2012 Snapper 11327 or as snapper has it p/n 1694604, serial #1694604 50230837 stood me up in the blizzard. Wasn't able to use it until now as this was the first snow of this magnitude since I bought it back in January 2012. All was going well when to my demise after 15 minutes of use the trigger release which free wheels the right wheel stopped engaging the wheel back to its normal mechanical mode when released. I did use it several times in those 15 minutes without a hitch to help turning. I would use it for free wheeling even not in power mode just not to have to muscle it around. The last time I used it when it failed I was reversing and again found it necessary to help maneuver. Ok ,so your thinking frozen, well not so as the cable was moving its full amount when engaging/disengaging. A week later after it was garaged, still same issue. The trigger is fully functional but it feels as if I broke possibly a pin or something. As much as I tried could not get it back to drive mode with both wheels powered. I also noticed the axle on the inside of the right wheel moving out a bit more, say one half inch in the direction away from the snow blower. Hadn't had the chance to dive into it yet and since its too big for the regular snows we tend to get around here I figured I will shout out on the forum for some insight. Thanks in advance, Allan.

This message was modified Feb 28, 2013 by hirschallan

Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Re: Snapper 11327 trouble
Reply #2   Feb 19, 2013 2:02 pm
Borat, No,I haven't had the chance to remove the belly pan yet.I did take a look at a diagram and it does seem to be similar to what you have mentioned.I also didn't think it is something major but one never knows what you find. Will keep you posted what I find. Thanks,Allan

radarsfriend

Re: Snapper 11327 trouble
Reply #3   Mar 7, 2013 10:21 am
I have had a similar issue with my drive wheels.  I have a fairly new less than 20 hour use old Ariens deluxe 28 inch. The cable that operates the release mech was slightly to loose so I tightened slightly and with the machine running I wiggled the lever up and down and had posi drive again. I don't use that function very much but it works better than when machine was new.
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42