Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Craftsman 5hp 22" SS Model 536.881500 not clearing snow evenly?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
slinger

Craftsman 5hp 22" SS Model 536.881500 not clearing snow evenly?
Original Message   Feb 19, 2013 8:11 am
This machine has worked perfectly since I bought it new about 10 years ago.  I changed the rubber paddles and the scraper late last year and now it seems to be hitting the pavement unevenly and not clearing cleanly down to the driveway.  It throws some snow backwards under the scraper bar.  I figured that the rubber was a little uneven and soon it would all wear down and even out but not yet. To change the paddles I had to drill the rivets out and I installed the new ones with 1/4" SS hardware.  Could it be out of balance?  Can you "shave down" high spots on the paddles?  Just try to loosen & reposition the paddles?  Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem?
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42