Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 9HP pro model stalling out and hard to re-start/keep running

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
toolman

Ariens 9HP pro model stalling out and hard to re-start/keep running
Original Message   Feb 9, 2013 4:56 pm
I have a 9hp Ariens snow blower that luckily made it through the bulk of the blizzard before stalling out. It was difficult to re-start and the only way i could do it was to re-prime the machine. It was running rough all day and the gas is new. It kept sounding like is was needing fuel. Normally I just give it one pull during a storm to re-start. Never any re-priming needed. I'm thinking it could be a possible frozen fuel line, but I really have no idea. The machine is about 7 years old. Anyone have any thoughts on what this could be?

Ariens 926dle, Craftsman single stage 5hp, Poulan pro 42" tractor mower
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
carlb

Re: Ariens 9HP pro model stalling out and hard to re-start/keep running
Reply #1   Feb 9, 2013 6:46 pm
I would check the fuel filter if you have one.  If you stored the machine with fuel in the carb you may have gunk in the carb.  Give us more info about the machine and how it was stored.  Is this the first time you used it this year?
toolman

Reply #2   Feb 9, 2013 7:19 pm
Yes this was the first time that I used it this year. I store it in a shed and bring in into a heated garage the day before I end up using it and for a day or two after to melt off any snow and avoid the machine freezing up. I'll have to check the manual to see if it has a fuel filter.

toolman

Reply #3   Feb 9, 2013 7:20 pm
I forgot to mention that and the end of the year I shut down the fuel line and run it dry before storing in the spring.

carlb

Reply #4   Feb 10, 2013 6:47 am
you say it has new fuel in it. had you drained the old fuel out of it when you stored it last year?   you could have water condenced in the fuel tank.   If you did not drain you fuel tank I would try that first and then refill with fresh gas.   If that doesn't work then you may have dirt in the jet/emulsion tube of the carb and that would require either removing the bowl and unscrewing the jet and pulling the emmulision tube from the bottom or taking the carb off and doing it that way.

Carl
toolman

Reply #5   Feb 10, 2013 10:35 am
On the fuel portion, i stored it with sta-bil. Doesn't sound like it was enough. I may have to try your other suggestions. going to be a long day.

thank you

grump

Reply #6   Feb 11, 2013 9:19 am
Try it with the gas cap a tad loose, could be clogged/blocked vent.
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42