Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 1130 Deflector chute cable frozen again

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
lavoiest

Ariens 1130 Deflector chute cable frozen again
Original Message   Jan 12, 2009 9:19 am
I bought the Ariens 1130DLE snow blower this fall and i have had only one storm, out of 5 or 6,  when the cable did not freeze on me. i have sprayed the lubricant that the dealer told me too but it still Froze.

has anyone else had this issue what was the fix?

steve 

Replies: 14 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Ebby

Re: Ariens 1130 Deflector chute cable frozen again
Reply #14   Feb 5, 2013 9:26 pm
xenorias wrote:
My peasure! If it helps anyone, it's time well spent.

I'm really wondering why Ariens produces cables that keep freezing like that. Okay, my mod solved the problem for me, but really, the cables should be able to function properly in any weather, right out of the box.

My neighbor has an older Craftsman 11/31 (I don't know the exact model number) and it also sleeps outside in a shed, and the control cable for the deflector never froze.

If someone hears that Ariens is issuing "frost-proof" replacement cables, let me know!

I am experiencing the same problem with the spring on the chute of my Airen's 1300DLE model. I can't figure out the hook up. Could you send me a picture at epjpower@nf.sympatico.ca Thanks
Replies: 14 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42