Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro Powerlite paddles

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
PACKO

Toro Powerlite paddles
Original Message   Jan 28, 2013 10:46 am
I was recently given a Powerlite.  previous owner had a friend change the spark plug and totally stripped it out.  I took the head off and put a helicoil in, afterwards he told me to keep it.  It starts and runs great.  How do i determine if the paddles are worn out, what gap between the blades and housing is too much and where is the best place to buy them?
Thanks,
Packo

Toro 824 Powers Shift
Toro Powerlite
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
aa335

Re: Toro Powerlite paddles
Reply #1   Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am
There is a small wear hole indicator on one side of the paddle.  It is near the wiping edge.  If this hole is worn through, the paddles needs to be replaced.

You can buy replacement paddles through Home Depot and Ace Hardware, or local Toro dealers.  These will be factory originals.  There are aftermarket ones too if you want to look on Amazon or Ebay.
This message was modified Jan 28, 2013 by aa335
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Reply #2   Jan 28, 2013 12:18 pm
aa335 wrote:
There is a small wear hole indicator on one side of the paddle.  It is near the wiping edge.  If this hole is worn through, the paddles needs to be replaced.

You can buy replacement paddles through Home Depot and Ace Hardware, or local Toro dealers.  These will be factory originals.  There are aftermarket ones too if you want to look on Amazon or Ebay.

PACKO, check it out here in reply #5 , fifth and sixth Pictures. http://www.abbysguide.com/ope/discussions/65145-0-1.html
This message was modified Jan 28, 2013 by hirschallan

PACKO

Reply #3   Jan 28, 2013 2:24 pm
I found the wear holes and they are worn to the top of the hole.  Looks like a great idea elongating the bolt holes...THANKS
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42