Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 1130SE/1330SE blows headlights - too much power at plug? (same as the Aries Deluxe 30)

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Swoods

I love all power equipment from lawn mowers to snow blowers. My favorite pieces of equipment are 2 cycle Lawn Boys.

John Deere 1130SE/1330SE blows headlights - too much power at plug? (same as the Aries Deluxe 30)
Original Message   Jan 10, 2013 7:22 pm
Can someone please check the voltage on their newer JD snowblower headlight plug at wide open throttle with the heated handgrips turned off? Mine varies quite a bit whether or not I have the heated hand grips on. With them off, I am a little over 20 volts, which must be way too high because I have been blowing bulbs since I bought it. I replaced the voltage regulator and there is currently around 20 volts at wide open throttle, at the headlight plug, with the heated handgrips turned off. The resistor under the dash that makes the heated handgrips work was melted, so I replace it. I assume what is left is a possible problem in the stator/generator. ***Update*** I think I have it fixed. The voltage regulator wasn't getting a good ground. It would spark as I took it on and off with the engine running which would make the voltage jump up and down. I ran a ground wire from the voltage regulator to ground and I am getting a constant 12.7-13 volts at the bulb now. Hopefully it's fixed for good.
This message was modified Jan 16, 2013 by Swoods

Sean Woods
This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42