Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Tension Spring placement

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
DrifterNY

Tension Spring placement
Original Message   Dec 27, 2012 8:36 pm
I own an Ariens ST11528 (926102). The drive is not working at all after working fine all last year.

I checked the belt (which I replaced last year) and they are still on the pulleys and plenty of tension.
I opened the bottom of the drive assembly and there is a tension spring that is only connected to/around the drive axle.
The tension spring is #19 on page 39 on this manual -> http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/02983600.pdf
I thought it might connect into #16, but I am not sure.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
DrifterNY

Re: Tension Spring placement
Reply #1   Dec 27, 2012 9:46 pm
It appears I was correct. The tension spring is for the 2-wheel - 1-wheel mechanical assembly.
The drive issue was an oversight on my part. The belt was behind the idler pulley, not on it.
She is chucking snow like a champ once again.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42