Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 2012 Ariens Deluxe 24 - Headlight Trouble

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Terra_Nova

2012 Ariens Deluxe 24 - Headlight Trouble
Original Message   Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm
I bought an Ariens deluxe 24 new in late 2011.  Due to a poor winter season it only got used once.  Got the first decent snowfall this year and used it this morning.  It worked well except I noticed the headlight was not on.  I don't recall if it worked the one time I used it last year.  I traced the wires as far as I could (to where they enter the engine block/cover under the gas tank) and didn't see any fuses or loose connections.  With the engine running I measured voltage at the connector by the starter and there was none, so it's not a bad bulb.

Any thoughts on things I can check?  It's under warranty still but wanted to give it a once over before taking it back to the dealer.

Thanks!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
aa335

Re: 2012 Ariens Deluxe 24 - Headlight Trouble
Reply #1   Dec 27, 2012 3:54 pm
I don't think the voltage check tells you anything about the condition of the bulb.  I would trace the wires again and make sure you have a solid ground connection. 

Other things you can do is reseat the connector and the bulb.
This message was modified Dec 27, 2012 by aa335
Terra_Nova

Reply #2   Dec 27, 2012 4:31 pm
I think you may be right.  After doing some more digging it looks like it's actually an A/C bulb.  I just assumed it was a 12V D/C system.  Checked it again and there is voltage at the bulb.  Bulb has infinite resistance across the terminals so that pretty much narrows it down.

Thanks!!  Next time I should spend a little more time looking first

Thanks to TROUTS2 Guide to eternal happyness thread a few posts down I was able to find the manuals on Ariens website which helped out.
aa335

Reply #3   Dec 28, 2012 9:58 am
Terra_Nova wrote:
I think you may be right.  After doing some more digging it looks like it's actually an A/C bulb.  I just assumed it was a 12V D/C system.  Checked it again and there is voltage at the bulb.  Bulb has infinite resistance across the terminals so that pretty much narrows it down.

Thanks!!  Next time I should spend a little more time looking first

Come to think of it, I would have first visually check the condition of light bulb filament and then make sure that the bulb sits is seated  securely in the socket.  I had assumed you already did this before using the multimeter to probe the circuit.

Glad you found the problem, easy fix.
This message was modified Dec 28, 2012 by aa335
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42