Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro vs Ariens comparison

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
specialkkl

Toro vs Ariens comparison
Original Message   Dec 16, 2012 6:58 pm
Picked up a toro 928 (38660). Comparing it next to my Ariens platinjum 24 I noticed a few things. The Toro (265cc) engine seems very quiet compared to the Ariens (250cc) briggs. Obviously being a new engine will not be able to know longevity for some time. I was a little disappointed in Toros paint (seemed very thin). Missing some in spots people might not look until the rust started. Some welds seemed full of sand or something did not look good. Another thing was the missing grease zerk on auger for the Toro. I am unaware if the new gear boxes make this a thing of the past or not. Other than that the toro seemed balanced well and will look forward to actually compare them in snow.
This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42