Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > What kind of pressure washer do you have?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Hammond

What kind of pressure washer do you have?
Original Message   May 20, 2011 1:30 am

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a pressure washer to use out in the chicken yard.  I want to spray my open air/raised coops (wire floors), inside walls of my chicken coops/houses (as needed to remove poop and dirt), knock down cob webs on the outside of my chicken and anything else that needs high powered cleaning. 

Right now I am cleaning and scrubbing everything by hand with soap and water and my back is killing me.  It's taking me all day long to do my chores on the weekend in the chicken yard.  I need to reduce my cleaning time and the amount of torture that I am putting on my back.

Who has a pressure washer?  What kind of pressure washer would you suggest me to purchase so that I can take care of this type of work in the chicken yard?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Replies: 7 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
BeerZman

Honda John Deer combo
Reply #7   Dec 11, 2012 10:12 pm
I wondered how to come up with a good pressure washer myself as I borrowed a lot of junk from friends which was frustrating

What I ended up thinking was...

"Who makes a good pump/valve body" 

Then I thought what about John Deer they have them on all there equipment and have been making them for years!

"Who makes a good small motor"  Of course HONDA came to mind....

I researched them online and Yes JD had pressure washers and Yes they had HONDA motors!

Well I went down to the local dealership to check them out and came home with a real nice one!

It has a 5 HP Honda on there BUT the VALVE BODY...well it is huge...like 1/2 the size of the Honda motor or more

and it just works Perfectly and powerful as all get out...Here is a picture of mine...Originally the motor was all black

but when I lent it out people kept on leaning on the muffler and getting burnt when pulling to start it...A little CHEVY Orange solves that

"Dont touch the Orange!" 

Look at that valve body..now that's a pump!

Cheers

BeerZ

This message was modified Dec 11, 2012 by BeerZman
Replies: 7 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42