Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 7, 9, 11, 13 HP and Hard Crusted EOD

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mobiledynamics

7, 9, 11, 13 HP and Hard Crusted EOD
Original Message   Nov 16, 2012 9:54 pm
For those that have more SB usage under your belt, feel free to chime in.

For Hard EOD, the breakup of it, wet hard EOD that comes out the chute.....are you seeing any difference in how far it will throw whether it be a 7 HP machine or a 13HP machine.

I'm going to assume the 13HP won't bog down compared to a 7. Speed is not the goal.
Does both throw just as far...as it's sheer weight of heavy wet snow coming out the chute. Or that is relevent to impeller speeds of each SB characteristics
Replies: 11 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
fleetfoot

Re: 7, 9, 11, 13 HP and Hard Crusted EOD
Reply #11   Nov 21, 2012 11:27 pm
One option for a more powerful 24 inch two stage is a Simplicity Large Frame, like the 860 or the newer version P1524E. I had a 860 and after install an impeller kit it could handle any kind of snow.
mobiledynamics

Reply #12   Nov 24, 2012 3:56 pm
AA - you make a good point, which I was wondering - whether the platform for the Block was the same for all 3 models, or was that larger - accomodate the larger engine.

Simplicity C Channel Handlesbars does look beefy and brawly. I'm sure less flex....but I'd rather minimize the weight, and just have the weigh upfront where I would/may need it.

See Borats Murray Post. That's what I meant when I said I can Dance with the 621. However, 50% of the snow I get, aside from the EOD, is more Northeast Wet Snow. So even in similar conditions of height, the 621 bogs in the chute. I may just have to learn to take smaller bites to give the chute a working chance of letting snow get out.
aa335

Reply #13   Nov 24, 2012 4:47 pm
I'm fairly sure they use different platform depending on the engine size.  Putting a larger engine will definitely interfere with the handlebar.  The chute crank would probably be too short to go around the engine.

Not that it can't be done, but I haven't seen anyone putting a larger engine in a Honda.   It's a lot to do to make to work.  There are older machines that are easier and better candidates for larger engines. 

I'm surprised that you have trouble with the EOD with the 621.  It usually does perform fine for me until the snow is higher the intake and frozen.  I keep the 621 in top working condition with everything adjusted properly.  The engine is quite tractable and has lots of low end torque.  But the trick with any of these SS is feeding it the right amount of snow and keeping the engine RPM in the powerband.  It won't have the power to toss EOD heavy snow 10 feet, but 5-8 feet is typical.
This message was modified Nov 24, 2012 by aa335
Replies: 11 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42