Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > OT: Generator Doghouses

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mobiledynamics

OT: Generator Doghouses
Original Message   Nov 19, 2012 9:42 am
OT....for all you handy guys out there.

Any of you guys have a Generator Tent / Doghouse / Enclosure you have built.
Whether it be for the rain, the elements, for theft protection.

I'm still mulling over the design on how to acheive the above 3, with good circulation of both intake and exhaust. Aesthetics as well.....
Curious if any of you guys have followed down similar paths and what you have built ?
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Re: OT: Generator Doghouses
Reply #1   Nov 20, 2012 2:06 am
mobiledynamics wrote:
OT....for all you handy guys out there.

Any of you guys have a Generator Tent / Doghouse / Enclosure you have built.
Whether it be for the rain, the elements, for theft protection.

I'm still mulling over the design on how to acheive the above 3, with good circulation of both intake and exhaust. Aesthetics as well.....
Curious if any of you guys have followed down similar paths and what you have built ?

look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s6IcmKv8XI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX6sSLU_J4A
This message was modified Nov 20, 2012 by hirschallan

mobiledynamics

Reply #2   Nov 20, 2012 8:22 am
I guess that's close enough...there were tons on YT about insulating the box, yadda, yadda.

Unless it was insulated on all 4 sides tightly sealed, insulating made no sense.
But I was thinking similar, with actually 12V fans on the intake and well as outake.
Venturi style pipe for the exhaust and the box would have both *slats* on the top under the roofline as well as on the bottom sides and bottom to increase airflow.
And it would be made out of cedar, teak  and or real siding , roof shingles (aka - aesthetics).
Bill_H

Reply #3   Nov 20, 2012 10:52 pm
I think the insulation on those is primarily for noise.
Poke an exhaust extension out the side/end and you wont have to worry about a mess inside even without a fan. Point it out or up away from plants or grass. A simple vent will do for supply air, don't forget the engine will generate a good amount of both pressure and vacuum.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42