Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Oil leak ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Ironman54

Oil leak ?
Original Message   Sep 12, 2012 1:13 pm
Hello All, I have an older ('94) White 314-646F190 snow blower which is powered by a Tecumseh 8hp HKSM 80 engine. While tipping the entire unit on its side to clean it, I noticed that oil was draining out through a black hose which is attached to the Tecumseh engine (carb. side). The hose comes off the engine straight out from the side and then is angled 90 degrees down. My 1st thought is that theres no way they would construct an engine like this in such a way that an open tube runs from the crank case of any engine, for whatever reason - makes no sense to me but hey, I'm no expert. So, I'm figuring I have a real problem on my hands (?). The motor hasn't been run now in several years as at the start of the winter season several years ago, the engine (electric start) turned over but would not fire up. I assumed, after replacing the plug and still having no luck, I had a fuel line/carb problem. Now I'm wondering if I haven't some how ruined the engine. Can anyone tell me what this black hose is for and, if its allowing oil to pour out of the engine, is this the major problem it appears to be to this newb ? Thank you so much for any help offered !!
Replies: 6 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Ironman54

Re: Oil leak ?
Reply #6   Sep 26, 2012 10:38 pm
"..the great floods.." Waddya got planned if its 'fire' ?? :-)
Replies: 6 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42