Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > DR Power Equipment Lawn vac VS Billy Goat

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bus708

DR Power Equipment Lawn vac VS Billy Goat
Original Message   Sep 24, 2012 7:45 am
I am in the market for a yard vac. Has anyone had any experiences with these company's? I here the smaller units from sears and troy built clog and engines are cheap. I get more HP from DR with a briggs engine vs a Honda with a Billy Goat. What do you guys think?
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Bill_H

Re: DR Power Equipment Lawn vac VS Billy Goat
Reply #1   Sep 25, 2012 12:45 am
I've heard very very few bad things about DR equipment and lots pf praise for their customer service. I haven't had any experience with a Billy Goat since the 70's so I can't comment on them. But I found this an interesting thought and did some googling. I found this statement from Drew Coates of the Billy Goat company which pretty well sums it up: "The main difference between the two units is the engine. The Billy Goat MV has a Honda 6.5 hp GSV whereas the DR. Power unit has a 6 hp Briggs." So shop on price & warranty. (Update: corrected spelling)
This message was modified Sep 25, 2012 by Bill_H

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42