Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda GX390 motor/no markings on oil dip stick

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
RickeyD

Honda GX390 motor/no markings on oil dip stick
Original Message   Sep 23, 2012 10:33 pm
Hello, I recently purchased a Dayton Portable Generator powered by a Honda GX390 motor. First, Dayton sent the wrong engine manual with the unit. Second, I looked up the manual online to find that the oil level in the motor is critical. I filled the engine today with oil and noticed that there are NO markings on the dipstick indicating high and low engine oil levels, only x's up and down the entire length of the stick. The online manual specified an upper and lower marking...what's up with that? How am I supposed to ensure there is sufficient oil or prevent overfilling the engine if there are no markings? Thank you.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42