Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Husqvarna model LGT 2654 , 54" riding mower , drive belt loose

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
LazyGhost

Husqvarna model LGT 2654 , 54" riding mower , drive belt loose
Original Message   Jul 10, 2012 8:14 pm
Just purchased this mower new from Lowe's. When I engage the transmission I can hear a rubbing sound in the front of the mower underneath the engine. After checking I found that the drive belt is extremely loose. Looked for a tension bar to adjust but cant find one and the instructions donsnt mention it. Is there a tension adjust?
This message was modified Jul 10, 2012 by LazyGhost
Replies: 9 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
LazyGhost

Re: Husqvarna model LGT 2654 , 54" riding mower , drive belt loose
Reply #9   Jul 15, 2012 9:49 pm
Bill_H wrote:
"Guess ill be better off buying from a dealer/service center." IMO, unless you're up to doing all the maintenance yourself, that's the way to go. Of course, finding a good dealer is another story. Since you're starting over, look for a Cub dealer and check out the Cub Cadet LTX 1046 KW (with the Kawaski engine). Hell of a mower for $1800.

I went ahead and purchased from Lowes the husqavarna rider with the briggs and stratton engine. Because of rain itll probably be a few days before im able to test the machine. The engine seems to be a little weaker than the kohler, but still strong enough to operate the mower. We will see. Down the road, i intend to purchase a zero turn to go along with my riding mower to cut the bulk of my yard. I might look into the cub's then. My property is large, about 7 acres, with most of it being at fairly steep incline. I tried a zero turn a few years ago and the transmissions just wouldnt hold up. I believe the mower was too large and bulky. I had a 66" Swisher.
Replies: 9 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42